Sunday May 21, 2017, 12pm
Finals will be held at:
Main Stage @ Main Street Fest
- All Finalists must check in at the Contestant table, next to the stage, at 11am.
- Finals will be conducted in front of a live audience.
- Finals will be judged by a Celebrity Panel of three to four judges from the Entertainment Industry.
- Winners will be selected by a combination of votes from our celebrity judging panel and cheers from our live audience. You will want to bring as many fans to cheer you to victory.
- You will have up to 2 minutes and 15 seconds to sing. You will have the entire time so make sure long intros and musical breaks have been cut so that you use your entire time singing.
- You may use karaoke tracks. You may have background vocals. Lead vocals are not allowed on the track.
- If you play guitar, you can accompany yourself. We will have a cord for you to plug into your guitar. We are not responsible if there is an issue with the sound.
- If you play piano, you can accompany yourself. We will have a cord available for you to plug into your piano. We are not responsible if there is an issue with the sound.
- You can perform an original or cover song.
- All genres of music are allowed except for RAP.
- Song choice must be “Family and Age-Appropriate”. No vulgar or inappropriate language or lyrics. You can change lyrics to make a song work.
- You will be scored on Vocals, Performance, Image and Audience Response.
- The Winners will be announced approximately 30 minutes after the last contestant has performed.
- All contestants and their guests will be required to purchase an admission ticket for Grapevine Main Street Fest.
Awards and Prizes
- 1st Place and Runner Up will be announced for each Age Category directly following the Finals.
- One person will be named Grand Prize Winner and will receive the Grand Prize Package.
- The Hollywood Launch Industry Summer Intensive Scholarship will be hand picked and awarded separately.
Additional Rules and Information
- During all rounds of the DFW ICON competition, at least one parent or guardian of each contestant (ages 15 and under) must be physically onsite and easily accessible at all times.
- Contestants must be between the ages of 7 and 30 at the time of the Prelims.
- Grouping throughout the competition will be based on the age of the contestant on the day of Prelims.
- Decisions and talent selection of the judges shall be final and not subject to review. No correspondence shall be entered into with any contestant or their representatives at any time regarding the choices or decisions made by the Contest Judges.
- Contestants must follow the directions and instructions given to them by all representatives of DFW ICON at all times during the competition. DFW ICON and its representatives reserve the right to dismiss anyone from the contest, at any time, if they have not complied fully with the rules or have failed to show proper respect to staff, contestants, judges and others.
- During the Prelims, if you are unable to attend your age group's audition, you may compete with the next older age group. If you make it to Finals, you will compete in the same category you competed in during Prelims.
- No refunds for Application Fees will be given for any reason.
- At the discretion of DFW ICON, the producers reserve the right to designate alternates recommended by the judges who can replace the finalists should the finalists fail to complete the requirements or are forced to withdraw for any reason.
- Contestants understand all prizes will be redeemable only in DFW and are non-transferable or subject to change or adaptation in any way.
- The winners will be required to honor and respect the limits and restrictions as spelled out by the prize sponsors and DFW ICON.
- DFW Icon holds the right to change the amount of contestants who are allowed to compete in the Finals. We hold the right to chose a Wild Card for Finals.
Standard Release Information
By registering for DFW ICON, you authorize DFW ICON, JG ENTERTAINMENT and it’s producers to create photographs, video and audio recordings of you as well as written or recorded oral descriptions for the purposes of promotion and entertainment including the World Wide Web.
You understand DFW ICON and/or JG Entertainment may revise, annotate, edit and otherwise alter the recorded material to emphasize certain aspects for promotional or entertainment value.
You understand DFW ICON and/or JG Entertainment owns all copyright to these materials. I hereby release DFW ICON and/or JG Entertainment and its employees, sponsors, venues, distribution channels and partners from any and all claims of any nature whatsoever which now or may hereafter have in connection with these recorded materials, including but not limited to claims based on defamation, compensation, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or infringement of my right of privacy or of my right to publicity.